MSN MBA Dual degree – Nursing Administration
MSN MBA Dual degree – Nursing Administration
Position yourself for healthcare leadership with a dual MSN MBA degree from a top-ranked university.
Maximize your nurse leadership potential when you earn your Master of Science in Nursing and Master of Business Administration dual degree online at Messiah University, one of the top private Christian universities in the U.S. In this accredited program, you will master advanced nursing competencies while gaining a strategic business perspective that is focused on practical relevance and application in rapidly changing healthcare settings. As with our on-campus programs, a hallmark of obtaining your online education at Messiah University is the individualized attention you receive from our professors, who make your success their top priority.
MSN MBA Dual degree – Nursing Administration overview
With our robust and relevant MSN MBA coursework, you will develop the skills necessary to operate effectively as a leader in a number of executive healthcare roles. Graduates of the MSN MBA dual degree will be uniquely qualified to advocate for healthcare quality from both the patient and administrative perspectives.
- 56 credits
- 180 clinical practicum hours
- 100 percent online coursework
- $725 per credit, no-fee tuition
- No application fee
- Courses are offered online in 6-, 8-, and 16-week sessions
- 4-year completion
Earning your MSN MBA dual degree will open up many leadership and executive opportunities in the healthcare industry. Some examples of career roles include:
- Chief nursing officer
- Advanced nurse administrator
- Director of nursing practice
- Nurse manager
The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics estimates that Medical and Health Services Managers will see an 18 percent growth rate from 2018-2028, which is much faster than the average job growth rate across industries.
Additionally, the estimated average base pay for Nurse Administrators is $88,165 annually according to PayScale (salary estimate is based on 458 individual salaries reported to PayScale as of March 14, 2020, and does not include additional pay such as benefits, bonuses, profit sharing or commissions).
The courses that comprise the curriculum for our MSN MBA dual degree includes both specific nursing and business degree courses, as well as courses that overlap both programs.
Health Policy and Legal Aspects of Healthcare
Innovation and Entrepreneurship
Statistics for Evidence Based Practice
Christian Philosophical and Ethical Foundations of Healthcare
The baccalaureate degree program in nursing, the master’s degree program in nursing, and the Doctor of Nursing Practice program at Messiah University are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (http://www.ccneaccreditation.org).
Messiah University is accredited by the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools, Commission on Higher Education. It is the highest accrediting authority recognized by the U.S. Department of Education for degree-granting colleges and universities located in Pennsylvania, Delaware, the District of Columbia, Maryland, New Jersey, New York, Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands and several other locations internationally.
The baccalaureate program in nursing, the master’s degree program in nursing, and the Doctor of Nursing Practice program at Messiah University are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (http://www.ccneaccreditation.org).
MSN MBA Dual degree – Nursing Administration courses & curriculum
The curriculum and coursework for Messiah University’s MSN MBA dual degree program is designed to be instantly relevant to your area of study and career.
- Business Strategy and Execution
- Health Informatics
- Health Policy and Legal Aspects of Healthcare
- Economics of Healthcare
- Strategic Thinking, Planning and Organizational Change
- Organizational Effectiveness
- Managerial Accounting and Finance
- Innovation and Entrepreneurship
- Business and Leadership Elective
- Global Business & Economic Development
- Marketing Strategy
- Christian Philosophical & Ethical Foundations of Healthcare
- Statistics for Evidence Based Practice
- Nursing Research Design and Methodology
- Collaboration in Inter-Professional Teams
- Nursing Admin and Exec Leadership I
- Nursing Admin and Exec Leadership II
- Management Capstone
MSN MBA Dual degree – Nursing Administration tuition cost
Earning your accredited MSN MBA dual degree online at Messiah University is convenient, flexible and affordable.
Know what you are paying for with Messiah’s no-fee tuition. With our graduate programs, the cost per credit is what you pay – there are no hidden fees for labs, courses, services or technology. We put the true cost of your program upfront so that you can accurately compare and plan for your graduate education.
2021-2022 tuition per graduate credit hour: $725
Tuition cost for the entire 56 credit-hour program at the 2021-2022 rate: $40,600.
Graduate students are eligible to apply for federal financial aid.
Next steps for admissions
Submitting an application to become an online MSN MBA dual degree student at Messiah University is simple and free.
- Bachelor’s degree from an ACEN, CCNE, or CNEA (or equivalent) and regionally accredited program
- Completed application
- A minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 in undergraduate nursing courses and prerequisite courses leading to registered nurse (RN) licensure and a baccalaureate degree in nursing
- All official transcripts indicating degrees earned, including your entry-into-practice program
- Personal statement of purpose
- Three letters of recommendation from professionals in the healthcare field
- Minimum of one year of recent professional nursing practice prior to taking NURS 560
- Grade of C or better in the following undergraduate course: statistics and research
- Unencumbered licensure as a Registered Nurse (United States and territories)
- Proficiency with basic computer operations (download, upload, email, website navigation), Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), and PDF files.
Early fall: August 22
Late fall: October 24
Early spring: January 9
Late spring: March 13
How to Apply
New to Messiah University
First-time users will need to create an account to start a new application.
Returning users can log in to continue their pre-existing application.
Why choose Messiah University?
The benefits of earning your accredited MSN MBA dual degree online at Messiah University are endless.
Flexible. Respected. Faith-based.
As part of our continued commitment to excellence as an institution of higher education, Messiah University is:
- Accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education
- The baccalaureate degree program in nursing, the master’s degree program in nursing, and the Doctor of Nursing Practice program at Messiah University are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (http://www.ccneaccreditation.org)
- A member institution of the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP)
- Named the #1 Best Business Degree Program for 2017 by Christian Universities Online
- MSN program recognized as a “Best Graduate School for Nursing” by U.S News & World Report, 2019
- A respected member of the Central Pennsylvania community whose graduates are highly sought after for roles across the Commonwealth and beyond
Ready to start your online MSN MBA dual degree journey with Messiah University? Start your free application now.
By completion and submission of this form, I consent to receive communication from a representative of this institution by phone, text or email regarding my educational program request.